- Potential biohazardous materials:
The calibrator and controls contain human source components, which have been tested and found non-reactive for hepatitis B surface antigen as well as HIV antibody with FDA licensed reagents. However, as there is no test method that can offer complete assurance that HIV, Hepatitis B virus or other infectious agents are absent, these reagents should be handled at the Biosafety Level 2, as recommended in the Centers for Disease Control/National Institutes of Health manual, "Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories." 1984
- This test kit is designed for Research Use Only.
- Do not pipette by mouth. Do not smoke, eat, or drink in the areas in which specimens or kit reagents are handled.
- The components in this kit are intended for use as an integral unit. The components of different lots should not be mixed.
- It is recommended that standards, controls, and samples be run in duplicate.
- Optimal results will be obtained by exercising strict adherence to this protocol. Accurate and precise pipetting, as well as following the exact time and temperature requirements prescribed are essential. Any deviation from this may yield invalid data.
- Aziz DC, Peter JB. DNA ploidy and cell-cycle analysis. Tools for assessment of cancer prognosis. J Clin Pathol 1991;5:422-38.
- Clark GM, Dressler LG, Owens MA, Dounds G, Oldaker T, McGuire WL. Prediction of relapse or survival in patients with node-negative breast cancer by DNA flow cytometry. N Engl J Med 1989;320:627-33.
- Elledge RM, McGuire WL. Prognostic factors and therapeutic decisions in axillary node-negative breast cancer. Annu Rev Med 1993;44:201-10.
- Foekens JA, Rio C, Seguin P, et al. Prediction of relapse and survival in breast cancer patients by pS2 protein. Cancer Res 1990; 50-3832-7.
- Isola J, Visakorp T, Holli K, Kallionieml D. Association of p53 expression with other prognostic factors and long term survival in node-negative breast cancer. J Cell Biochem 1992;(Suppl 16D):101.
- Kute TE, Shao ZM, Snugg NK, Long RT, Russell GB, Case LD. Cathepsin D as a prognostic indicator for node-negative breast cancer patients using both immunoassays and enzymatic assays. Cancer Res 1992;52-198-203.
- McGuire WL, Tandon AK, Allred D, Chamnes GC, Clark GM. How to use prognostic factors in axillary node negative breast cancer patients. J Natl Cancer Inst 1990;82:1006-7.
- Nicholson S, Richard J, Sainsbury C, et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr): results of a 6 year follow up study in operable breast cancer with emphasis on the node-negative subgroup. Br J Cancer 1991;63:146-50.
- Somerville JE, Clarke LA, Biggart JD. C-erb B-2 overexpression and histological type of in-situ and invasive breast carcinoma. J Clin Pathol 1992;45-16-20.